Sunday, October 3, 2010

Nivea Series: Pearly Shine

Now, for the second part of the Nivea Series! Pearly Shine! (As always, click on the pics to make them bigger... and BETTER!) This lipbalm is just as moisturizing as the original, but this one also gives a little bit of colour payoff. This is also priced at about $3 or $4... in canada at least. It comes with the same amount of product as the original does. 0.17 Oz/ 4.8 g. This time around, the packaging is a shimmery baby pink colour. It's just as pretty and feels just as sturdy as the original does. However, this time, the smell is ALOT different. I personally prefer this smell to the original. This one smells kind of vanilla-ish...sweet-ish... and candy...ish. :) Please excuse my terrible explanations. :) But you get the point. This one smells alot sweeter than the origial. None of the lipbalms have a taste though,which I like. This is very shimmery... to the point where it's frosty. I can't say that I'm a fan of how this looks on the lips, it looks very ackward on my skintone. It looks pretty in the tube, but on the lips, not so much. BTW... the photo above is a little misleading. It's actually alot lighter and pinker. The photo below is more true to colour. The only time I ever really wear this is before I go to bed, when no one sees me. OR, I dot this in the center of my lips to give it a little bit of shimmer.
Overall: I wouldn't repurchase this product and I think it might take some time for me to use it up, because I really don't use it that often.
I think this colour might look better and more flattering on some skintones, but most people will have to be careful. Stay tuned for the last lipbalm of the series!
xoxo
-Alice

No comments:

Post a Comment